Friday, September 24, 2010

Fun with Cthulhu (the many humourous things people have done with the greatest evil in the known universe)

Happy Friday everyone!  We have come to the end of H. P. Lovecraft week, and I would like to leave you all with a smile.  With the advent of the internet and "geek culture", Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos has recently become something of an inside joke to many e-geeks (such as myself).  Although Lovecraft describes Cthulhu as the most evil entity in the universe - and perhaps in spite of that - people love to laugh at the tentacled monster.  I showed you one example yesterday in the form of a humorous story written by Neil Gaiman.  Something about Cthulhu just makes people want to laugh.  Here are a few more examples that you can find floating around on the internet...

Under the ocean, Cthulhu rests... patiently awaiting the time when he can devour your feet!  er, soul!


Feeling patriotic?  Cthulhu loves the taste of patriotism!


I love the facial expressions on this little guy's victims.  I'd be scared too!


A Cthulhu-based parody of "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's, and a photo montage.

Yes, this place actually exists, and I want to go there.


Foiled again!



Calls For Cthulhu - The Great Old One answers all of your burning questions!


A cartoon about the adventures of Lil' Cthulhu.  Aww isn't he cute?

I hope you all enjoyed H. P. Lovecraft week!

2 comments:

  1. I want those slippers. And that Cthulhu for President poster, and the lego-ish lookin' dude. . .in fact, I want all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those may be the only fuzzy slippers I would ever be willing to wear. Where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete